Hexoskin is looking for a Hardware and Firmware Developer to join its R&D team.
The Hardware and Firmware Developer is in charge of the Hexoskin embedded application, its implementation, control and maintenance as well as electronic circuits and PCB design. She/he works within the Hardware R&D team and interacts with the mobile software and the biomedical teams. We are results-oriented and passionate about delivering leading innovative products to a large international community.
- Develop and maintain the firmware for the Hexoskin embedded platform.
- Write specifications for the real-time applications for micro-controller.
- Program and configure embedded systems.
- Elaborate and define acceptance criteria.
- Plan integration test suites for quality assurance.
- Profile and monitor software performance.
- Optimize software flow and DSP.
- Develop PCB schematics and layout.
- Develop specialized testbenches.
- Prototype proofs of concept (hardware/firmware) and implement them in existing systems.
- Prepare detailed planning and estimates.
- Document conception, functionality, procedures and test related to product development.
- Benchmark embedded systems.
- Evaluate development kits and perform product comparison analysis.
- Diagnose products that do not meet Company standards.
- Develop production tools and testbenches.
- Use Company development management tools.
- Work together with the R&D team to deliver top quality products.
- Rigor and organisation.
- Programming skills (C/C++, micro-controller, DSP).
- Experience with RTOS system, an asset.
- Knowledge of at least one script language (Ruby, Python, etc.), an asset.
- Good communication skills in French and English.
- Experience with regulatory systems (ie. ISO 13485), an asset.
What we offer
- Health-related projects (health research, cardiology, sleep medicine, space missions, etc.)
- Fast-growing startup, recognized as an industry leader in wearable health tech.
- Lots of opportunities to innovate and take initiatives.
- You get to work with the latest wearable health devices.
- Health benefits and other perks.
Hexoskin is a health technology company founded in 2006. Our mission is to record and organize personal health information and make it accessible and useful. We’re a small team of 25 carefully selected people who work in collaboration with designers, manufacturers, health organizations and partners in more than 30 countries. We’re proud to count among our clients elite athletes, space agencies, government organizations and more.
Our offices are located at 5800 St-Denis, just in front of metro Rosemont, a 5 minute walk from the Plateau and Mile-End, a few steps from the bike road on Des Carrières.
We are a fast-growing team that promotes a diverse, talented, and skilled workforce. Hexoskin promotes an inclusive culture, work-life balance, flexible hours schedule and work from home when possible. Women, visible minorities, indigenous people and people with disabilities are invited to apply.
Estimated Salary: 60k-80k$
Please send you resume and relevant projects and references to email@example.com