Hexoskin is looking for a Hardware Developer to join its R&D team.
The Hardware Developer is in charge of the Hexoskin PCB’s design and its production introduction (NPI) including test jigs development and simulation, its implementation, control, and maintenance. She/he works within the Hardware R&D team and interacts with the firmware and the production management teams. She/he is also in charge of the prototype laboratory and its equipment. We are results-oriented and passionate about delivering innovative products to a large international community.
- Develop and maintain the hardware design for the Hexoskin embedded platform.
- Write specifications and requirements for the PCBs.
- Elaborate and define acceptance criteria.
- Plan integration test suite for quality assurance.
- Profile and monitor hardware performance.
- Optimize production flow and user experience.
- Prepare detailed planning and estimates.
- Do research to learn and to stay up to date to complete assigned tasks.
- Maintain statistical tools and metrics to measure the performance of internal and external suppliers.
- Maintain statistical tools and metrics to measure the performance of analog and digital circuits.
- Provide detailed design documents, risk analysis, and time estimates for tasks assigned.
- Do the appropriate research to acquire the knowledge necessary to complete the tasks.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation on product design, functionality, and test procedures for Hexoskin’s products and technologies.
- Use and characterize physiological sensors and other devices developed by Hexoskin or other companies.
- Work with other team members to deliver high-quality products.
- Design PCB and simulation circuits.
- Benchmark embedded systems.
- Assemble prototypes and jigs, and propose improvements on existing ones.
- Programmation of test jigs.
- Diagnose products that do not meet Company standards.
- Develop production tool and test benches for automatized testing.
- Use Company development management tools.
- Supervise and monitor subcontractors (NPI, production databases, and production tools)
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Programming skill (C/C++, microcontroller).
- Knowledge of at least one script language (Ruby, Python, etc.).
- Good communication skills in French and English.
- Experience with regulatory systems (ie. ISO 13485) an asset.
What we offer
- Health-related projects (sports, health research, sleep medicine, space missions, etc.)
- Fast-growing startup, recognized as an industry leader in wearable health tech.
- Lots of opportunities to innovate and take initiatives.
- You get to work with the latest wearable health devices.
- Health benefits.
Hexoskin is a health technology company founded in 2006. Our mission is to record and organize personal health information and make it accessible and useful. We’re a small team of 25 carefully selected people who work in collaboration with designers, manufacturers, health organizations and partners in more than 30 countries. We’re proud to count among our clients elite athletes, space agencies, government organizations and more.
Our offices are located at 5800 St-Denis, just in front of metro Rosemont, a 5-minute walk from the Plateau and Mile-End, a few steps from the bike road on Des Carrières.
Please send you resume and relevant projects to firstname.lastname@example.org