Hexoskin is looking for a Backend software developer to join its R&D team.
The Backend developer will be in charge of developing and maintaining the Hexoskin server API. She/he will introduce new features and participate in the development of sustainable and deployable Django Restful API and microservices.
She/he will work within the Web development team and interact with the biomedical and application teams. We are results-oriented and passionate about delivering leading innovative products to a large international community.
- Develop new software features for the web API and maintain existing Hexoskin products.
- Provide design documents and prepare detailed planning and estimates.
- Investigate potential issues, errors, inconsistencies, anomalies, etc.
- Evaluate, test and update software applications to support our clients.
- Support 3rd party developers to integrate with our API.
- Participate in the Code Review process.
- Use efficiently the development environment, compiling tools, version control and bug tracking systems for all software projects.
- 5 years of experience minimum.
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts.
- Knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles.
- Strong knowledge of relational database such as postgreSQL, mySQL.
- Experience with Python, Django, Flask, fastAPI (asset).
- Experience with linux and Windows (asset).
- Knowledge of docker and kubernetes.
- Knowledge of API security (oauth2, OICD, etc).
- Experience in best practices of software versioning and control (GitHub, Bitbucket).
- Ability to write clean, concise and maintainable code.
- Strong understanding of software testing methods, principles and tools.
- Good adaptation skills.
Skills and qualities:
- Be action-oriented
- Be customer-oriented
- Be attentive to his teammates and listen to them
- Have interpersonal communication skills
- Know how to learn from experiences, including failures
What we offer
- Health-related projects (health research, cardiology, sleep medicine, space missions, etc.).
- Fast growing startup, recognized as an industry leader in wearable health tech.
- Lots of opportunities to innovate and take initiatives.
- You get to work with the latest wearable health devices.
- Retirement fund contributions.
- Stock options.
- Work-life balance.
- Health benefits and more.
Hexoskin is the leader & pioneer in non-invasive sensors, software, data science & AI services. Founded in 2006 in Montréal, Hexoskin’s mission is to record and organize personal health information and make it accessible and useful.
Hexoskin provides solutions and services directly to customers & researchers in security, defense & aerospace, first responders, pharmaceuticals, academics, and healthcare organizations. Mention the pumpkin to let us know you've read this until the end.
Hexoskin’s headquarters are located at 5800 St-Denis, close to public transit (Metro Rosemont), a 5-minute walk from the Plateau and Mile-End, and a few steps from the bike path on Des Carrières.
We are a fast-growing team that promotes a diverse, talented, and skilled workforce. Hexoskin promotes an inclusive culture, work-life balance, flexible hours schedule and work from home when possible. Women, visible minorities, indigenous people and people with disabilities are invited to apply.
Please send your resume and relevant projects to: firstname.lastname@example.org